Nautilus bug fixed upstream!

David T Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Fri Jul 9 17:32:23 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 18:47 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> As always, this is a question of resources, and where to focus them. Do
> we work on FC3, or do we keep working on FC2 and ignore FC3. Sometimes
> we do updates for the last stable release, but its not that common
> (except for security updates).
>
> Updates are much more resource demanding than rawhide work, because
> there is no beta-test period so you have to be much more careful with
> what you release, and the whole per-package update procedure just takes
> a lot of time. If we were to backport every fix and release as an update
> we just wouldn't have any time for FC3 at all.

With the release cycles as quick as they are and the fact that you don't
have to pay for every upgrade, the current system works quite well for
me.  If I come across some bug that really irritates me and a fix is
available, I can very easily whip up my own package with the
incorporated fix and move on.  I can definitely see RHs perspective
regarding such updates as being too resource intensive.  Certainly would
be another argument for the external Fedora Extras/updates whatever type
of repos though.

--
David T Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>