Fedora Core 3

George J Karabin gkarabin at pobox.com
Sun Jul 11 16:30:34 UTC 2004

In my experience, some mirrors pick up debug rpms and less used
architectures, some don't, and some are a day or so behind the main
sites. Rotating the complete mirror list (that exists today) will cause
people to see things like the second of two sequential yum commands
issued from the same machine failing because the second dns lookup
might return an older archive, or an archive that doesn't have certain
deps that the previous one did, etc.

So if someone does this, maybe there ought to be clear standards about
what mirrors must do to go into the rotating list.