RFC: new bugzilla.fedora.us keyword

Toshio toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Mon Jul 12 03:42:10 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 09:23, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 15:13:14 +0200, Aurelien Bompard wrote:
>
> > Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > > I would like to suggest a new keyword for bugzilla.fedora.us for marking
> > > "same disttagless package for all target distros" package submissions.
> > > It would be set by submitters, and would make the job of the build
> > > people easier.
> > >
> > > Comments?  Suggestions for the actual keyword name?  "COMMON"?
> >
> > I guess it only concerns noarch packages, so why not "noarch" ?
>
> Because it concerns i386 "-common" packages, too, which are built as a
> sub-package.

I'm probably just being dense because I don't know what all the build
people do, but aren't package submissions keyed off of the SRPM?  So how
does setting a keyword on the overall SRPM help eliminate work WRT one
of its subpackages?

-Toshio
--
  t  o  s  h  i  o  +  t  i  k  i  -  l  o  u  n  g  e  .  c  o  m