RFC: new bugzilla.fedora.us keyword

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Jul 12 18:10:39 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 18:35, Toshio wrote:

> Okay.  I think I've got the whole picture now.  Thanks Michael!

Yep, thanks for clarifications.  I have added the COMMON keyword now,
will be updating Wiki shortly.

One caution with subpackages: the disttag addition/mangling done by the
build system may cause fully versioned (including %{release}) subpackage
interdependencies using exact match ("=") to break, if the "COMMON" part
was built without a disttag and it requires another subpackage which
will be built with the disttag.  Ditto the other way around.  Versioned
dependencies without %{release} specified should continue to work, as
well as ">=" ones from disttagless towards packages with disttags.  I
expect this to be a very rare situation, but nevertheless worth noting.