Development discussions related to Fedora Core

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon Jul 12 20:39:21 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 03:27:00PM -0500, Robert Boone wrote:
> A friend that subscribes to the list sent me this email. I would be
> interested in helping with awstats. I love Perl, but I don't know if
> thats all it takes. Could you please tell me what the responsibilities
> would be.

To consider adopting it for core Fedora (its already in Fedora extras
fedora.us) someone would need to go through it detail by detail and check
things like all the quoting of input, referrers etc (eg what happens if
my DNS reverse is an expandable regexp, contains $ or ; etc). All those
kind of questions.

Really its probably too late for FC3 now anyway but for the future someone
having been through it with a fine tooth comb looking for holes would be
neccessary because its in part exposed to external data.

Its probably a good treatment for any package exposed to external data
core or otherwise of course