Header ieee802_11.h in kernel rpm

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Jul 13 14:04:29 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've just stumbled onto a problem when trying to recompile the latest
ipw2100 kernel modules against FC2's latest kernel. It seems that is now
includes "ieee802_11.h" instead of <linux/802_11.h>, which doesn't work as
it is a header not included in the kernel rpms. Who is to blame? That
project for including a file which probably shouldn't be directly? Or the
FC kernels for not including it? Here's what the Makefile says and does :

# We have to add drivers/net/wireless until ieee802_11.h is in the default
# include path
EXTRA_CFLAGS += -I$(TOPDIR)/drivers/net/wireless

Maybe the header file will be replacing or added beside 802_11.h in future
kernels?

Matthias

Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3
Load : 0.23 0.15 0.10