Updated Mozilla Firefox Roadmap

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Jul 13 02:57:15 UTC 2004

Christopher Aillon wrote:
> Right.  In order to replace Mozilla, you need a browser, a mail client,
> an irc client, etc.  But you're forgetting that we already ship the
> other pieces.  If we throw in Firefox, you have your browser, we ship a
> mail client already (Evolution), we have X-Chat and GAIM for IRC.  The

For some users like me, evolution is unacceptably slow and unusable as
it takes several minutes to read ANY MAIL after starting when connecting
to my IMAP account.  All versions continue to lock up and require
killing periodically.  I am also extremely annoyed by its brain dead
clipboard behavior.

I prefer to use thunderbird because it is almost instant-fast in loading
my IMAP folders, and its clipboard behavior is not brain dead.

I realize that evolution is fine for most users, especially if they use
local folders.  Many large IMAP folders however is just too painful to
use with evolution.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com