Updated Mozilla Firefox Roadmap

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Jul 14 00:52:08 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 16:15, Matias Feliciano wrote:
> And for FC4 :
> Default email : Thunderbird
> Default Calendar : Mozilla calendar (sunbird)
> Alternative email/Calendar : Evolution
> Default browser : Firefox
> Alternative browser : epiphany

I'd swap your defaults and alternatives, but agree on this set of apps.

> For the desktop "market" it's important to be able to use the same "core
> desktop" applications with Linux and Windows (OOo, Thunderbird,
> Firefox).

I agree with this, but to me the defaults should be the Linux native and
optimized user experience, and the alternatives should be the "Windows
migration" applications.

This is assuming of course basically comparable functionality; OO.org is
the default since it is the only app with really suitable functionality.

Havoc