Updated Mozilla Firefox Roadmap

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Wed Jul 14 07:10:18 UTC 2004

dragoran wrote:

> There is no reason to replace mozilla some people preffer it some not.
> Just add Firefox and make it selectable in preffered applications.

Actually, there are several:

1. Mozilla (Seamonkey) is considered deprecated by mozilla.org.
"Firefox is the future."
2. As a result of #1, more development happens for Firefox; bugs are
more likely to get fixed in it.
3. No future Mozilla threads along the lines of:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-July/msg00315.html
4. Shipping two mozilla.org branded browsers is double the work of
shipping one.  And let me assure you that shipping one is plenty of work.