Updated Mozilla Firefox Roadmap

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Wed Jul 14 10:12:26 UTC 2004

Hi Denis,

(Very Gnome centric discussion altogether this one.)

> This is the Fedora community, which will make its own decision (and
> indeed it is leaning towards firefox rather than epiphany). I'm just
> lobbying for a third candidate to be at least *considered*. That is
> all.

A third candidate is already there: Konqueror. And in contrast to Galeon
and Epiphany it uses it's own engine. Some seem to forget that the
latter both use Mozilla's Gecko engine and thus require (parts of)
Mozilla to be around.

Although I like Firefox I don't think it's ready for prime time just
yet. Together with the fact mentioned above I don't think we can drop
Mozilla yet.

Regarding Galeon, you might want to check out
http://galeon.sourceforge.net and scan for the words "End of the line".
Unless you want to do some serious maintenance/development yourself
Galeon is as good as dead.

Leonard.