php5

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at linux.duke.edu
Wed Jul 14 13:45:36 UTC 2004

Ricardo Ariel Gorosito wrote:
> Is too late to include php5 in RHEL4 Test -2 ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H FC3

Php4 to php5 migration for lots of applications will probably involve
large amounts of pain and suffering, so if php5 is included, I'd like it
to be included as a parallel alternative to php4. As much as I welcome
php5 (it's a much improved language/environment over php4), many
existing php4 applications will likely break with it. Hell, they broke
going from php-4.1 to php-4.2 to php-4.3... :)

Regards,
--
Konstantin ("Icon") Ryabitsev
Duke Physics Systems Admin, RHCE