Updated Mozilla Firefox Roadmap

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Wed Jul 14 16:15:03 UTC 2004

On 07/14/2004 08:56 AM, Warren Togami wrote:
> Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
>> Quite possibly but Firefox (which I do use on a much more regular basis
>> then Konqueror by the way) also isn't fully mature yet, and people are
>> already proposing to make that the default browser. If issues are an
>> issue we could probably stop shipping a significant part of the included
>> apps, including quite a few Gnome apps and libraries.
>>

> Please explain using concrete examples reasons why Firefox is not "fully
> mature yet"?

Here's one: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/0.9.1.html

"Firefox 0.9 is a Technology Preview. While this software works well
enough to be relied upon as your primary browser in most cases, we make
no guarantees of its performance or stability. It is a pre-release
product and should not be relied upon for mission-critical tasks."