Updated Mozilla Firefox Roadmap

Denis Leroy denisleroy at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 16:21:29 UTC 2004

--- Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
> Please explain using concrete examples reasons why Firefox is not
> "fully
> mature yet"?  While I personally am slightly annoyed by the way the
> preferences are laid out, I am otherwise generally very happy with
> firefox in all regards.
>
> Warren Togami
> wtogami at redhat.com

I love firefox too and it's my de-facto browser on Windows VMs. Firefox
and Galeon are very similar, both are designed to be light-weight (but
not featureless) browsers on top of the mozilla engine. However,
firefox is not a true gnome application and does not integrate with the
Gnome desktop well, unlike galeon which uses Gnome's default
configurations whenever possible (proxy settings, etc...) and can be
used as the default browser in Nautilus (type a URL in Nautilus, click
on 'View as' and select 'View as web page (Galeon)'.). Also, firefox is
not easy to package (see FreshRpms' threads on that subject). ..

Denis Leroy
denis at poolshark dot org