Fedora Core 3 wishes

Nathan G. Grennan fedora-devel-list at cygnusx-1.org
Wed Jul 14 20:57:12 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 16:59 +0200, David Nielsen wrote:
> Reviving the browser wars, I don't see any reason for not going with
> Epiphany has our default browser, maybe it would be nicer to wait till
> Mozilla GRE gets completed so we wouldn't have to have all of Mozilla
> installed to use Epiphany, but untill then we could just hide Mozilla
> from the user.

Personally I think Epiphany is too simplified and Galeon should be
brought back. I understand Epiphany's inclusion because it is part of
the offical Gnome desktop, but think it is good to stick with Mozilla,
or Firefox after it gets to 1.0.

> Researching the possibility of replacing XChat with XChat-GNOME for
> greater compliance to the GNOME HIG. I dunno if this is stable enough
> yet, it works for me but if it's ready to replace XChat for everyone I
> can't say.

I looked at Xchat-GNOME. It looks like it is missing a lot. Xchat 2's
interface is a little less than ideal, but with one serious exception is
good enough for me. I am not a fan of HIG.