Package requests wishlist - pine

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Thu Jul 15 04:46:31 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 08:46:51PM -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:10:34 -0500, Steven Pritchard <steve at silug.org> wrote:
> >   2) Ask Warren (or whoever needs to be convinced at fedora.us) to set
> >      up a "non-free" repository for packages like pine, qmail, etc.
> >      that have source available but aren't quite OSI-compliant.  That
> >      would make these programs, properly patched, readily available to
> >      fedora.us users without worrying about licensing issues.
>
> livna fills this role already and has already suggested in the
> bugreport Rex opened at fedora.us.

I suppose I should have clarified that I meant a repository of
*source* packages.  As near as I can tell, there would be nothing
stopping fedora.us from distributing pine, qmail, and other programs
will similar licenses as source rpms.  Users would just have to
"apt-get --compile source pine" or whatever.

It might not be an elegant solution, but it would be better than
nothing, I suppose...

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/