rawhide report: 20040715 changes

Barry K. Nathan barryn at pobox.com
Fri Jul 16 11:19:58 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 12:57:00PM +0200, Rob van Nieuwkerk wrote:
> I get oopses very easily when removing a CF card in a PCMCIA adapter
> (also with latest FC2 kernel).  And a machine crash after some time if I
> remember correctly.
>
> This makes accessing CF basically useless/impossible with FC2.
>
> Thought this was well known or should I add it to bugzilla ?

Someone else already filed this as bug 127432.

However, all of my attempts to reproduce this on my Toshiba Portege 3500
have failed (i.e. I have no oopses or crashes). However, I'm running
FC-devel kernels (which are newer than the latest FC2 kernel), so that
might be why.

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn at pobox.com>