redcarpet

David Nielsen dnielsen at breakmygentoo.net
Fri Jul 16 15:23:14 UTC 2004

After checking Planet GNOME, I noticed that someone is actually
packaging Red Carpet for FC2.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-July/msg03182.html

I really think we should consider Red Carpet, it gives us a much needed
GUI, and a system that's well tested as well as unification of package
management tools with another major distro, which is good for some
users. I don't think Red Carpet has the ability to use cd medias, nor
does it feature a notification of updates service like rhn-applet both
of which are needed.

But I agree that statically linking the thing is a bit... excessive, not
to mention pointless.

oh and Jef, I think you just broke your own personal record for longest
name ever.

- David *I'll just pretend to be smarter than the average monkey.. and
fail* Nielsen