suspend & resume

Rik van Riel riel at redhat.com
Sat Jul 17 18:32:49 UTC 2004

Hi,

I just got suspend/resume to work on my laptop here, by
changing the config files of acpid.  I am wondering if
the current acpid configuration (shut the system down
when the power button is pressed) is useful for anyone,
or whether it should be replaced with something else.

One problem I had with the laptop here is that while I
could get suspend to work easily, in order to resume it
I had to press the power button.  This meant that after
a resume, the laptop would immediately shut itself down.

If the "shut down when the power button is hit" behaviour
is hurting more people than it helps, I'd like to get it
removed and replaced with something that works ;)

cheers,

Rik