suspend & resume

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sun Jul 18 03:09:03 UTC 2004

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 04:32, Rik van Riel <riel at redhat.com> wrote:
> changing the config files of acpid.  I am wondering if
> the current acpid configuration (shut the system down
> when the power button is pressed) is useful for anyone,

One annoying issue with using the power button to suspend is that there is no
option if you really want to shut the machine down.

There are a huge number of mistakes you can make in Linux sys-admin or
development work that make it impossible to login to a Linux machine and
require booting with init=/bin/bash for recovery.  It's really annoying to
have to unplug the laptop, turn it upside down, and remove the battery to
cause a reboot in such situations.