Yet another FC3 wishlist

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 10:30:37 UTC 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:24:10 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis
<fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> Am Di, den 20.07.2004 um 1:16 Uhr -0500 schrieb Michael Favia:
> > Indeed Intel Pro Wireless support (2100, 2200) would be most welcome.
>
> The License of the Firmware is not redistributable (as far as I can
> interpret this "lawyer"-english).
>
> http://ipw2100.sourceforge.net/firmware.php?fid=2

The firmware is indeed not redistributable, but SuSE managed to make
set-up almost trivial in 9.1 by including the kernel module but then
requiring their users to download the firmware themselves.

The only thing they could have done better is to let users know when
the network is being set up; instead, there is a README in
/usr/share/doc about it.

IMHO Fedora could do better :)

Regards,

- Michel