Any consensus on a groupware suite for FC/RHEL?

David T Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Thu Jul 22 17:51:49 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 14:47 +0100, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 08:39 -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > I would really like to see kolab included.  though it would require lots of
> > work i feel as i dont like the way they have it setup.  but as most
> > components are part of Fedora / Red Hat  its probably a case of bringing in
> > the ldap data and making an init script  that starts and  stops the services
> > assiciated with kolab.
>
> There's already cyrus, postfix and ldap in FC. Kolab would likely not be
> too hard to integrate for FC4 (I can't say if it is easy enough to be
> feasible for FC2 so to be accepted at the current stage).
>
> Rui

Most of the components of Kolab are already included in Fedora which is
great, but they have built/designed it so that it fits into it's own
box, everything running under it's own directory which I'm really not a
fan of.  I took a stab in the past at creating a package for it and what
it will ultimately require is a lot of patching to the scripts to set
correct paths and directories.  Other than that, it should be fairly
feasible.
--
David T Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>