Importing third-party developer's public keys

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 05:01:30 UTC 2004

Hello,

When QA-ing packages from non-core developers (i.e. those whose public
keys are not shipped with fedora-rpmdevtools) is there a way to add
the keys manually?

I checked fedora-installdevkeys and it seems to just perform rpm
--root ~/.fedorarpm --import PUBKEY; so after downloading the
developer's public key (gpg --recv-keys 1b4259b3 ; gpg --export
--armor 1b4259b3 > PUBKEY) I did just this.

rpmlint'ing or fedora-rpmchecksig'ing the .src.rpm kept giving a
MISSING KEY warning though. What did I do wrong?

Thanks,

- Michel