s390 ctc0 interface not coming up

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Jul 23 10:23:12 UTC 2004

Pasi Pirhonen wrote :

> > Here's the content of my ifcfg-ctc0 file, it's the post-install default
> > and seems correct to me :
> >
> > # IBM CTC
> > DEVICE=ctc0
> > BOOTPROTO=static
> > BROADCAST=192.168.200.3
> > IPADDR=192.168.200.3
> > MTU=1500
> > NETMASK=255.255.255.255
> > NETWORK=192.168.200.3
> > ONBOOT=yes
> > QETH=yes
> > REMIP=192.168.200.4
> > SUBCHANNELS=0.0.0600,0.0.0601
> > TYPE=QETH
> >

> One should not do replying when
>
> a) in hurry
> b) knowing that you should have been bed hours ago
> c) tired (b)
>

> For all the other information (which are valid) i wrote about thise
> before, it seems just that
>
> QETH=yes
> TYPE=QETH
>
> Are not valid for this setup. The magic in network-functions get all
> wrong when CTC is defined as QETH, so it more like should be
>
> TYPE=CTC
>
> and nuke that 'QETH=yes' line alltogether.

It works! This is definitely a bug in Fedora Core Development, then. I've
been wondering all along, but now I know that :
- The ctc module doesn't get loaded automatically, 1st bug
- The TYPE= of the ctc interface is wrong, as you reported, 2nd bug

I've verified that fixing only one of the two bugs is never enough, both
must be solved before the ctc0 interface can come up.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Matthias

Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3
Load : 0.07 0.40 0.26