Debugging Lockup

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Sun Jul 25 20:17:13 UTC 2004

Hi, my system repeatedly locks up. This seems to occur while working
with evolution, but I'm not sure. I use Fedora-development and GNOME.
When it locks up I can move the mouse cursor, but can't click anywhere.
I can't restart X, and can't switch with CTRL-ALT-F*. System responsds
to sysrq. There's no Oops or bug in the log. I have 100k log consisting
of all the kernel messages from boot to reboot, including a sysrq-trace.
I use the binary nvidia driver.

Would this be helpful to anyone to diagnose my problem, and who would
that be? Is this a kernel problem or an X problem, or...

IOW, what can I do to help fix this.

Thanks for your time,

I.G.