Debugging Lockup

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Mon Jul 26 00:26:30 UTC 2004

On Jul 25, 2004 at 14:17, Ivan Gyurdiev in a soothing rage wrote:

>Hi, my system repeatedly locks up. This seems to occur while working
>with evolution, but I'm not sure. I use Fedora-development and GNOME.
[...]
>I use the binary nvidia driver.
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And this is the problem. No one on this list is going to be
willing to debug this. The source for the driver is not available
to anyone here. Switch to the FC shipped nv driver and see whether
your problem reoccurs. If it does, post your problems.

>Would this be helpful to anyone to diagnose my problem, and who would
>that be? Is this a kernel problem or an X problem, or...
With the nVidia binary driver, you won't get much help here.

N.Emile...
"Can you program?"  "Well, I'm literate, if that's what you mean!"
 20:22:03  up 27 days, 13:37,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00