linux registry (no, not that again!)

Hans Deragon hans at deragon.biz
Wed Jul 28 14:11:52 UTC 2004

Neal D. Becker wrote:
> Yes, here's the linux registry topic again.  This project looks interesting.
> Any comments?
>
> http://registry.sourceforge.net/

I like it, but the problem is that all major Linux distribution would need to
support this for this to take off (at the minimum).

Now how can we convince SuSE to dump Yast for this?  What about Debian and Gentoo?

I would gladly upgrade my software to conform to a new API if it becomes the
defacto standard.  Have it distributed on many distributions and I will change
my code.

But if only Fedora adopts it, I will not.

Best regards,
Hans Deragon
--
Consultant en informatique/Software Consultant
Deragon Informatique inc.     Open source: