linux registry (no, not that again!)

Kenneth Benson sdhmis at sheratondover.com
Wed Jul 28 17:49:08 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenneth Benson [mailto:sdhmis at sheratondover.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 1:41 PM
To: 'Development discussions related to Fedora Core'
Subject: RE: linux registry (no, not that again!)

[snip]

> > 5) Why not show some leadership instead of just cloning
> Unix/Posix - "As
> > little as possible" need not be that same as "Not enough to
> be complete"
>
> Because leadership doesn't allow one to start screwing a
> working system.

I'm sorry but I don't think what is there now is what could really be called
a "working system".

I apologize for sending that. In my defense I must note that I administer a

property management system on a linux box and I *hate* the amount of work

I have to do when some config gets screwed up. Half the time I spend is in

just finding the damn config file.