i686 build of Fedora Core

David T Farning dfarning at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 29 04:13:25 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 10:20 +0700, Michel Salim wrote:
> Could have picked a better example since Hawking just admitted he was
> actually mistaken regarding black holes? :)
>
> - Michel

That was the point;)  One wouldn't think of walking up to Hawking in the
supermarket and saying 'Hey, your theory on black holes is full of it!'
Yet, when Hawking realized he was mistaken, he graciously stood in front
of the world and said so.

It struck me that the original poster was telling AC his theories on
optimization were full of it.  Let's remember AC is a hero and role
model to our community.   Let's give him a certain amount of respect.

OTOH, if the original poster comes back in a few days with data backing
up his theory.  I'm guessing AC will readily stand in front of the list
and admit that he was mistaken.

--
David T Farning <dfarning at sbcglobal.net>