move koffice and abiword/gnumeric to extras?

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Thu Jul 29 11:44:19 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 13:49 +0300, Marius Andreiana wrote:
> With recent extras discussions, looks like it's best to discuss each
> package before deciding moving to extras.
>
> What about koffice and abiword/gnumeric? Their only advantage seem to be
> lower memory requirements, but OpenOffice.org has a lot more
> functionality and it's the default.

I personally don't agree with the idea of dumping GNOME Office.
I don't agree with dumping KOffice either without dumping KDE. I don't
defend dumping KDE, so there you go.

Specially if we consider that there's no Extras. There's just fedora.us
that seems to crave for that role ever since Fedora came to be. I don't
think that's the way to go either. Too shady.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?