The hard problems with Collections: (Was: tuxracer & chromium move to Extras_

Bill Rugolsky Jr. brugolsky at telemetry-investments.com
Thu Jul 29 18:43:16 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:04:36PM -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> I think the general consensus at OLS was "vserver is dead" after seeing
> the Xen 2.0 beta functionality. Now Xen uses guest0 for things like I/O
> its looking like the answer to all these problems.

Good to know, as I've been working my way through a stack of patches and
vserver is in the pile.

Xen 2.0 certainly looks interesting, and it is hard to quarrel with the
performance figures.  There is the little issue of device drivers ...

I guess that leaves private namespaces/chroot plus SELinux for isolation
on a single kernel instance, along with cowlinks or something similar for
sharing.

	Bill