Thunderbird vs Evolution

Jim Cornette music-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 31 02:54:51 UTC 2004

Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 14:53, Michael Favia wrote:
>
>>While i agree with your statement i guess the question is left as to how
>>DO we decide which apps should be selected? i think it is wasteful to
>>install competing applications by default but instead i think we should
>>reward theprojects with the best vision for the future and existing
>>feature set. Is there another way i am missing to select one?
>>Alternatively i could draft up a random number generator and we could
>>ask everyone to pick a number between 1 and 1 million :).
>

> I posted some thoughts on this a while back,
> http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/desktop/defaults.html
>
> Somewhat desktop-centric.
>
> Havoc

I haven't personally used Evolution for any considerable time since the
first time that I used it with Ximian. What features it has were more
like an improvement of Outlook Express (also I tested this out when it
was beta)

Thunderbird has the multithreading feature that I like. It has a more
appealing feature list and seems to be a great mail program.

Mozilla is nice for me because it has mail, html editor and browser that
are developed as sort of a suite of programs. With firefox and
Thunderbird being seperated and no html editor for GNOME (that I know
of), mozilla seems like the ideal default.

Jim

--
Your object is to save the world, while still leading a pleasant life.