tuxracer & chromium move to Extras

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sat Jul 31 01:59:27 UTC 2004

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 04:29, Nando <nandox7 at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> Well, i found myself some days ago, thinking "...fedora is increasing
> the packages, from time to time someone, ask's for a new software to be
> included., but where this will lead too. 2 DVD's??"

We are only about half-way towards filling the first DVD.  When free space on
the first DVD runs low then we can look into limiting things.

Maybe we should consider having a CD for things that don't change much such as
TeX and Tuxracer?  Would it be possible to have ~500M of packages not change
in any significant or required manner for several Fedora releases?

A Fedora distribution consisting of three CDs which need to be downloaded and
a fourth CD which can be used from the previous release might make some
people more happy than having to burn four new CDs each time.

Maybe organising packages based on how often updates are needed instead of how
many people will install them is the better option.  For example all packages
containing SUID root binaries would have to be on the first disc or two -
even the ones that are not commonly installed.