Smartcard base components

Veiko+Sinivee veiko.sinivee at solo.delfi.ee
Mon Jun 21 05:45:00 UTC 2004

Hi Ville,

I didn't know that these packages existed already. My
objective was really to release RPM-s on my own libdigidoc library and gdigidoc GUI applications that
need these packages. This application might (?) work
also with Finnish ID cards since it uses (can use any pkcs11 driver really) opensc library. You can find more info about the OpenXAdES format that we are using
here http://www.openxades.org. We intend to add other features like cryptography too. Right now it's just a digital siganture application. The modified opensc library I was offering here has been patched by Marie Fischer and Martin Paljak <martin at paljak.pri.ee> to support Estonian ID cards. They made some modifications to the code and some ATR strings in the opensc.conf to init the card. Please consult with Martin Paljak as he has developed the last version of this opensc branch. I'd like to see this suff being incorporated in opensc main line and released.
Ok how can I help you test these packages you mentioned? I haven't really developed too low-level
opensc code yet but I can at least test this stuff. Please provide some more details on how to get the packages from bugzilla.fedora.com. I did a search on opensc and found nothing. Do I need a special user/registration etc.
Would you be interested in testing gdigidoc? I'll try to provide Finnish locale support as well.
I'm very interested in OmniKey drivers. I have such a device on my laptop and this darn thing prevents me from upgrading the laptop to FC2. It works on Mandrake 9.2 though. I've seen only cm4000 drivers version 2.3.2 on www.omnikey.com. Do they have anything newer?

regards,

Veiko