No more kernel-source(code) ??? (was: rawhide report: 20040623 changes)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Jun 25 19:01:59 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 25.06.2004 schrieb Alexandre Oliva um 20:26:
> On Jun 25, 2004, Aaron Bennett <aaron.bennett at olin.edu> wrote:
>
> > Sorry also for coming late to this thread, but I'd like to endorse
> > kernel-devel as well.
>
> I'd like that too.  There's no reason to keep headers around if I'm
> not going to build modules, and don't *want* to accidentally build
> modules.

> It shouldn't contain full kernel sources, though (they're available
> elsewhere), only whatever is needed to build kernel modules.

I posted it elsewhere, but I think it got lost. Before we move in this
direction can we please discuss if we use the method mentioned in

http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0406.2/1280.html

(patch 2/2) or something similar to what we are doing now, but split and
installable in parallel for all kernels?

Or telling me why the kbuild method is bogus could satisfy me also ;-)

CU
thl