Unnanounced migration phase at its end, non-transparency, "open" community project ... (was: No more kernel-source(code) ???)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Jun 25 20:14:45 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 03:21:52PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Jun 25, 2004, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> wrote:
>
> > Please revert this, until we find a real solution, can you?
>
> No, I can't.  I'm as much of a bystander as you.
>
> I'm very much delighted, however, that my rawhide daily rsyncs no
> longer have to download N+1 copies of compressed kernel sources, where
> N is the number of arches I keep in my local rawhide replica.  1 copy
> is enough, and the kernel SRPM is the right location for the kernel
> sources.

You obviously missed it, but there was a change some weeks back
consolidating N to 1 noarch packages, so all you had were 1+1
packages. Nobody is saying anything about kernel source(code) going
noarch.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net