Using a non-default file system in the "minimal installation"

Martin Olsson mnemo at minimum.se
Tue Jun 1 18:58:20 UTC 2004

Hi,

It would be nice if one could choose to use reiserfs (or any other file
system) when doing a minimal installation WITHOUT having the disk3
available. I mean, alot of users want to choose minimal install and then
apt-get/yum home their packages later on, but the file system is
something you really want from scratch so it should be possible (and
practical) to use a non-default file system in the minimal install.
Therefore I suggest that file systems util packages etc be moved from
disk3 (and wherever they reside atm) to disk1.

Where can I find the list of packages that is included in the Fedora
Core 2 minimal installation?

Regards,
/m