Using a non-default file system in the "minimal installation"

Noa Resare noa at resare.com
Tue Jun 1 19:23:48 UTC 2004

tis 2004-06-01 klockan 20.58 skrev Martin Olsson:
> Hi,
>
> It would be nice if one could choose to use reiserfs (or any other file
> system) when doing a minimal installation WITHOUT having the disk3
> available. I mean, alot of users want to choose minimal install and then
> apt-get/yum home their packages later on, but the file system is
> something you really want from scratch so it should be possible (and
> practical) to use a non-default file system in the minimal install.
> Therefore I suggest that file systems util packages etc be moved from
> disk3 (and wherever they reside atm) to disk1.

Being able to install a minimal system with reiserfs support with only
the first cd is definitely on my wishlist also.

> Where can I find the list of packages that is included in the Fedora
> Core 2 minimal installation?

The 'core' and the 'base' group in
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/os/Fedora/base/comps.xml

/noa

--
And the lions ate the christians and the christians burned the witches,
and even I am out of explanations -- Ola Salo