What happened to gtkmm2 ?

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Fri Jun 4 02:12:51 UTC 2004

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 21:21:21 -0400, Julian Missig wrote:

> That's for getting gtkmm2 into fedora.us, but what would it take to
> actually get gtkmm into an official Fedora Core release?

Actually there's a tendency towards moving more packages out of Core into
Extras, even libraries.

Nevertheless, you can try your luck and submit a bug report about
component "distribution" at bugzilla.redhat.com and ask for inclusion of
gtkmm and friends.

> As long as our
> users have to actually go out and set up separate repository just to
> get the libraries our applications depend on, users will considers
> those libraries to be obscure things.

"Fedora Extras" for add-on packages will be the future.

http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/terminology.html
http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/