Dependencies problems with gimp and abiword

John Ellson ellson at research.att.com
Fri Jun 4 14:09:19 UTC 2004

Nils Philippsen wrote:

>Repeat after me: "I will not mix repositories for development and
>released versions."

I'm sure thats good advice, but it doesn't explain why abiword
fails dependencies against latest fedora-development rpms.

# rpm -Uvh abiword-2.0.6-1.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        libcrlayeng.so.1 is needed by abiword-2.0.6-1
        libcroco.so.1 is needed by abiword-2.0.6-1
        libcrseleng.so.2 is needed by abiword-2.0.6-1
# rpm -q libcroco
libcroco-0.5.1-1

If, OTOH, you have not upgraded to latest libcroco, then gimp has
dependency propblems.

So I concur with the original poster's complaint.

John Ellson