Up2date url's with user:password at host format

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Sat Jun 5 23:45:50 UTC 2004

Hi,

As up2date does not support url's of yum or apt repositories that
contain the well-known "user:passord at host" format for repositories
that need authentication (because Python's urllib2 does not support
this format), I have implemented this myself.

Furtherore, the "user:password" is replaced by "USER:PASSWORD"
(literally) at the places where it is displayed in the GUI.

See also bugzilla bug (RFE) #125391.  I will add my patch there later
(after some cleanup) and hope that the up2date maintainers pick it up
and modify and/or enhance it as far as needed.

Cheers,

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>