fc2, xorg, 2.6.x, scheduling latency peaks

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Jun 7 01:10:01 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 16:58, William M. Quarles wrote:
> Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 17:25, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> >
> >>Hi all. I'm trying to track the cause of high scheduling latency peaks
> >>in FC2 that make the system unusable for low latency audio work.
>
> I'm guessing that is why Planet CCRMA hasn't announced a full Fedora
> Core 2 release yet?

That is correct. There was an internal announcement in the Planet CCRMA
list and most of the packages are built and downloadable. I'm obviously
recommending to not upgrade until this has been solved.

The actual cause has been tracked to a problem in the nptl threading
library and the jack audio server. The jack client audio threads are not
being created with SCHED_FIFO (as requested) and the pthread_create
function does not signal any error. I have to work on a workaround.

-- Fernando