Shrinking/splitting up core Was: Why are there only i686 and i586 Version of glibc...

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Mon Jun 7 14:24:11 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 22:33, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 03:23:41PM -0400, Willem Riede wrote:
> > How would that work with respect to upgrades? Haven't we had cases where glibc
> > needed to be upgraded and that change affected virtually all applications?
> > With a monolithic distribution that is pretty painless, compatible versions
> > are available and replace their ancestors.
>
> This really comes back to a question that came up a week or so ago...
> How should anaconda handle third-party installation CDs?  (If the
> method is good enough for Fedora Extras, it should be good enough for
> any third-party repository.)

I dont think Anaconda is meant to look at anything beyond the bare
installation Cd's the rest should be done with first-boot. Maybe first
boot should have a yum configuration section where you can enter the yum
places you want to to point ot.

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645
-- Please, I have had too much of the stupid today. Please wait until
-- tomorrow to say these things so my tolerance has refreshed.