kernel-module rpms under FC2

Aaron Bennett aaron.bennett at olin.edu
Mon Jun 7 14:30:17 UTC 2004

Andrew Farris wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 17:24 +0100, Dave Jones wrote:
>

>>I'm amazed it works with the FC2 kernel. NDIS drivers seem to like
>>lots of stackspace, so with 4KB stacks as default in FC2...
>>
>>	Dave
>>

>The wrapper may be fine, but do the drivers work?  This is the main
>reason (afaik) that www.linuxant.com has provided their version of the
>FC2 kernels with 8K stacks here:
>http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/wlan/full/downloads-fc2-kernel-i686.php
>s compiled with CONFIG_4KSTACKS (which is the
>default in Fedora Core Test).

We'll find out.  I have an experimental ndiswrapper package for FC2
which is awaiting QA from Fedora.us.  In the meantime, if you want to
try it, it's at
http://www.systemspoet.com/~abennett/rpms/ndiswrapper-0.7-0.fdr.1.src.rpm
.

I'll be testing it this week with a Broadcom 4320 card.  If anyone is
interested, let me know off-list and I'll let you know the results.

--
Aaron Bennett
UNIX Administrator