S3 sleep with kernel 422 and ATI Radeon problem

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Mon Jun 7 19:15:02 UTC 2004

On my Dell D600 and the 422 kernel I can suspend and resume my laptop.
(After unloading some USB stuff). However when I resume the video
display shows only coloured vertical lines and the backlight slowly
increases in brightness. I have seen references to some patches to help
Radeon video cards return from sleep. DO I need to find these and apply
them somewhere to make S3 work?

I am guessing I resumed because C-A-D will reboot the laptop.

Video card is:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R250 Lf
[Radeon Mobility 9000 M9] (rev 02)

Thanks,

Philip