S3 sleep with kernel 422 and ATI Radeon problem

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 8 17:27:35 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 06:18, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:

> 00:01.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc PCI Bridge [IGP 340M]
>
> The same thing happens. acpi_sleep=s3_bios doesn't either fix or cause
> reboot. Just a total freeze (caps lock doesn't even lit).

With mine (IGP 320M, the Athlon version of the ATI IGP chipset) I got a
complete hang (as usual, but I haven't had time to sort things out welll
enough to file a sane bug report yet, it looks like it will mirror the
IGP report already in Bugzilla) and after a couple of attempts trying
various little things I got massive filesystem corruption - I seem to
have lost enough stuff that the computer now doesn't boot, even after a
very long and gut-wrenching fsck session. I'm scraping the remaining
bits off the hard disk and reinstalling (luckily enough nothing
important was stored exclusively on that computer, but it's still a pain
and I'd like to keep my environment setup if at all possible). :(

> Say when about those patches, I'll gladly try them :)

Me too, if there's any serious chance that they can do better...

/Per

--
Per Bjornsson
Ph.D. Candidate, Dept. of Applied Physics, Stanford University