Static routes. a default static-routes file.

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Wed Jun 9 12:00:39 UTC 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Jos Vos wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 07:03:45PM +0900, Naoki wrote:
>
> >     I'm thinking we should have an /etc/sysconfig/static-routes file
> > with some commented examples as default.
> > Anybody agree or am I silly?
>
> I think the static-routes functionality has moved to different files
> since RHL 9 or so (so that file doesn't work anymore).

Unless this changed between FC1 and FC2 (I do not have an FC2 machine
available atm) it is in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-eth?. The
only thing missing is the examples but I do not really see the point of
examples. If you do not already know how to do 10.10.10.0/24 via 192.168.1.1
then maybe you should use system-config-network. :-) It would be nice if
the script allowed you to put comments in the file though.

Tom