CPAN spec file generator needs testing, feedback

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Jun 10 05:26:20 UTC 2004

Steven Pritchard wrote:
> I've mentioned here before that I've written a script to build
> "correct" (in other words, "will pass QA") spec files for perl
> modules.  Thanks to José Pedro Oliveira, the output of the script is
> now *very* close to the "official" fedora.us spec template.
>
> The script seems useful enough that I'd really like some more feedback
> on it.  It can be found here:
>
>   http://www.silug.org/~steve/software/scripts/perl/cpanspec

Interesting work... perhaps could you include the new FC1 updates and
FC2 standard perl virtual provides, perhaps commented out?  This virtual
provides should always ensure binary compatibility in current and future
FC issued perl packages against perl modules.  (If not, it is either a
bug, or deliberate conflict and modules need rebuilding.)

Requires: perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_%(eval "`%{__perl} -V:version`"; echo
$version))

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com