Self-Introduction: Alan Olsen

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Thu Jun 10 06:04:46 UTC 2004

Name: Alan Olsen
City: Portland, Oregon, USA
Profession: Systems Administrator/Programmer
Company or School: King Cycle Group

Your goals in the Fedora Project:
Making Fedora work. Adding packages that I find useful.  Fixing problems
so it "just works".

Which packages do you want to see published?
I will have to dig out my list...  par2cmdline, various backgrounds and
art packages, a handful of security packages, and whatever else I find
useful that do not exist in the various repositories.

Do you want to do QA? Yes.  I am writing a few tools to automate some of
that process.  (Automatic cross-repository conflict resolution.)

Anything else special?
I have some design ideas that I will be writing soon.  Some ideas to
make the installed a little more useful and a little less braindead.

Historical qualifications
I worked on the distribution builds for early versions of Immunix 7.3,
as well as security patches and other distribution related work.  I am
an active contributor to the Fedora lists, among other things.

What other projects have you worked on in the past?
Immunix.  I have contributed patches to other projects, including the
kernel. I used to be the admin for perl.org.  (I administered 18+
mailing lists there, including perl5-porters.)

What computer languages and other skills do you know?
C, C++, Perl, some Python, shell scripting, some assembly and whatever
else I need to know for any given project.

Why should we trust you? <--- too blunt?
Because I don't know where you live? You need references? I can get a
few...  (But then again, they may need references as well...)

GPG KEYID and fingerprintpub  1024D/E482605D 2004-05-04 Alan Olsen
<alan at clueserver.org>
     Key fingerprint = FB1D 5AED 27C1 7202 86E8  6F2F 38FB EE80 E482
605D
sub  2048g/94D56BDF 2004-05-04

--
Alan <alan at clueserver.org>