update etiquette

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Fri Jun 11 13:47:19 UTC 2004

What's the right way to get an update into FC1?  Bugzilla(.redhat.com)
a polite request?  Submit an update to fedora.us?

One of the packages I'm working on for fedora.us (perl-Cache-Cache,
required by perl-HTML-Mason) asks for Digest::SHA1 >= 2.02, and the
current version in FC1 is 2.01.  (The current upstream version is
2.10, which appears to have a lot of bugfixes, including one that
seems to remove the necessity for perl-Digest-SHA1-utf8.patch.)

In this case, it's a fairly trivial package, but I have a feeling this
will come up again...

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/