update etiquette

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Fri Jun 11 14:52:02 UTC 2004

Hi Steven,

> What's the right way to get an update into FC1?  Bugzilla(.redhat.com)
> a polite request?  Submit an update to fedora.us?

Bugzillaing a request sometimes helps, but it's rather dependent on the
developer('s mood). If there are not too many packages depending on it
your chances might be better.

I don't think submitting an update to fedora.us will do any good in this
respect.

> One of the packages I'm working on for fedora.us (perl-Cache-Cache,
> required by perl-HTML-Mason) asks for Digest::SHA1 >= 2.02, and the
> current version in FC1 is 2.01.  (The current upstream version is
> 2.10, which appears to have a lot of bugfixes, including one that
> seems to remove the necessity for perl-Digest-SHA1-utf8.patch.)

Bug fixes may be a valid reason to release an update. Bugzilla and
mention the above.

Leonard.